Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Family

I really love this time of year when we can have Thanksgiving and think about all the wonderful things in our lives that we can be thankful for. I really enjoyed this year spending the day with Alton's family. We actually had everyone there except his sister's family, since they are in Mississippi and weren't able to make it. Even still they were very missed. We went with Alton's family this year because his parents will be gone over Christmas and we wanted to have a dinner with them before they were gone to Mississippi to see the other family.
The only regret i have is that I forgot my camera!! So bummer no pictures I was so mad! Anyway we relaxed and had dinner and it was fun to see all the kids play. Wyatt and Marissa love to drive the 4~Wheelers, even if Wyatt does have to slow down! It was just a very relaxing day.
Saturday was fun because we had an evening with my parents and family. We had everyone there except Brenda's family. We missed having them all there too. It was nice to see Brian's family and to spend that time with them. We had pizza and played games and finally went home at midnight. I think mom and dad were really tired and ready for some quiet by that time.
I guess my point of this blog is that we are so blessed to have family! We have the opportunities to get to know a new family when we get married and we get to add to our family at that time, and that can be a blessing if we let it. Our kids get the wonderful experience of enjoying and getting to know their cousins as well as the grandparents, aunts and uncles. For my family I am so lucky to have you and appreciate all that you do for me. I love you all very much and am so blessed to have such an awesome family!!!!

1 comment:

The Johnsen7 said...

Wish we could've been there! Sounds like you had a great time. We will miss seeing everyone at Chrsitmas also! Wish we could be there, but unfortunately we won't be able to. Won't get to make our annual trip for New Years either. Love and miss you guys and hope to get back to Utah sometime soon...