Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crazy, Scary Month!






What a crazy couple of months we have had. First Wyatt turned 10! in February I can't believe that I have a 10 year old, where did the time go. He is loving scouts and the fact that he got a bunch of nerf guns for his birthday!
Then in march the major craziness began. I have been dealing with some issues with my health for a while and thought I was doing pretty good. Figured it was time to go to the doctor to make sure things were still good and got the bad news. My doctor wanted me to get into my endocrinologist quickly. All my test results came back High! Could my tumors be coming back? Not again! After fighting for two weeks to get an appointment I finally got into the endocrinologist and he said it was time for an MRI. I hate those but I didn't want tumors to be growing in my brain and not know! So two days later I went to the hospital for the MRI. Oh the stress before hand I thought I could hold it together but I lost it the day of the tests. Luckily the day before my friend Michelle (who is the best) told me she was going with me to the MRI so I didn't have to be there alone. The morning of the MRI I had my home teachers come over to give me a blessing. I couldn't stop crying because I was really scared! I then had to wait 5 agonizing days for the results! But it was good no tumors but the doctor did find the cause of my Migraines so I will have to have surgery and we will know when they will do the surgery after my cat scan next wednesday! Anything is better than brain surgery again so I was fine with that.
The kids are doing great. They are staying busy with school, piano, scouts, friends, and choir. I took the kids Ice Skating for the first time and they loved it! Wyatt really wants to play Hockey so it was good to see that he could skate really well. Marissa is getting ready to turn 12! She is so excited to go to Young Womens and I am excited for her. It is all down hill from here I tell you. She is growing up so fast and is almost as tall as I am. She is all registered for Jr High and is excited for all the classes she gets to take. As for me I just feel old!
Alton is working hard and has enjoyed playing golf this last month. I got him new clubs for his birthday but with the snow it makes it hard to play. Well you are all updated now.

2 comments:

Cami said...

You're in our prayers. Let me know if I can help any!! Hang in there!

The Johnsen7 said...

Happy to know you are not going itn for brain surgery again. Although that would be one way to get me to come home... haha. Keep us posted! Hope you guys can make it here at the -end of May, right?? Tell the kids hi (oh, and the hubby).